If you need to have someone other than the original reviewer approve or revoke the access rights of users at your company, you can reassign your certifications from one user to another. This might be helpful if a reviewer is on leave, unable to finish their certifications, or if you have a team of security professionals assigned to review access.
When you reassign a certification, IdentityNow validates that a user cannot certify their own access. In other words, you cannot delegate a reviewer's certification reviews to their direct report. Also, if a reviewer has already signed off on their certification, you can't reassign that certification to another user.
Reassigning Individual Certifications
If a reviewer is unable to complete their certifications, reassign their certifications to another user.
You must have created a certification campaign that is either started or in preview mode.
One or more of the reviewers involved in the campaign has not yet signed off on their certifications.
1. From the Admin interface, go to Certifications > Campaigns.
2. Select the name of the campaign you want to edit.
A list of reviewers in the campaign is displayed.
3. Select the check box beside the name of each user whose certifications you want to reassign to a specific reviewer.
4. Select the Menu icon.
5. Select Reassign. The Certification Reassignment dialog box is displayed.
6. In the To field, enter the name of the user you're reassigning the campaign to.
7. Under Reason For Reassignment, enter the reason this certification is being reassigned.
Include your name in the Reason for Reassignment so that the new reviewer can contact you with any questions.
8. Select Send.
Repeat steps 3-8 for all certifications that you need to reassign.
Configure Automatic Reassignment
In the event that you. have a manager away on extended leave or a team of security professionals assigned to review the access of your high-level employees, you can reassign manager certifications before you start them using a CSV file known as a mapping file.
This type of reassignment does not apply to source owner campaigns.
All the users in the files must have been loaded into the system through a flat file feed or a direct connect source that is:
Configured to be used for accounts
Has a related identity profile
The certification campaign you want to change cannot have been started.
1. In the Admin interface, go to Certifications > Reassign Certifications.
2. Select Download to get a copy of the template you'll use to create the reassignment mappings.
3. Open the file. Microsoft Excel is not required, any software that supports editing .csv files can be used.
4. In the originalRecipient column, type the IdentityNow user name of the manager who would normally receive the certification. This must match the contents of Account ID for the identity in the Identities List.
5. In the newRecipient column, type the user name of the person who you want to reassign the certification to.
6. Save the file as a .csv file, then return to the interface and select Import.
After the file is imported successfully, the reassignments are displayed in the Current Manager Reassignments grid, along with the date the last reassignment file was imported. Managers with new certifications assigned to them receive a Certification Reassignment email.
To change reassignments:
You can overwrite the current reassignments by uploading a new file.
You can reset to the default certification assignments by selecting Remove All.