SaaS Management integrates directly with Smartsheet, so you can view all user activity within the application. The integration gives you the usage data you need to make informed decisions on inactive licenses and any renewal or purchasing options. For example, the chart below shows how many of an organization's Smartsheet users were active over the course of a year.
If you're a premium or enterprise customer of Smartsheet and pay for the Audit Log module, SaaS Management integrates with the Audit Log to pull all Smartsheet events.
If you don't have the Audit module, SaaS Management pulls data each time a user creates, modifies, or comments on sheets, so you can make decisions on license management.
Integrating with Smartsheet
You must have admin access in Smartsheet to integrate with SaaS Management.
- From the SaaS Management navigation menu, select Integrations.
- Select the Smartsheet tile.
- Select Add Integration.
- On the Smartsheet login page, enter your credentials and select Log In.
Review the requested permissions. To report on your license utilization, SaaS Management asks to:
- View basic user information, such as name and email.
- Read sheets, including attachments and comments.
- Add and remove users and groups from your organization.
- View account users, groups, and group members.
- Read events.
Select Allow to accept the requested permissions and complete the integration.
It can take up to 24 hours for your Smartsheet usage data to sync. You'll receive an email when your usage data is available in your dashboard.