SaaS Management integrates directly with Jira Software, so you can view all user activity within the application. The integration gives you the usage data you need to make informed decisions on inactive licenses and any renewal or purchasing options. For example, you can view when a user last updated an issue in Jira to see if their license is needed.
Integrating with Jira Software
You must have the
Browse Users and
Browse Projects permissions in Jira to integrate the application with SaaS Management.
Before you integrate the applications, make sure you have signed out of your individual account within your organization and are signed in to the appropriate service account with the required permissions.
- From the SaaS Management navigation menu, select Integrations.
- Select the Jira Software tile.
- Select Add Integration.
- On the Atlassian login page, enter your credentials.
Review the requested permissions. To report on your license utilization, SaaS Management asks to:
- View your Jira issue data - Read Jira project and issue data, search for issues, and search for objects associated with issues like attachments and worklogs.
- View user profiles - View user information in Jira that the user has access to, including usernames, email addresses, and avatars.
In the Authorize for: field, select your Jira site and then select Accept.
Your Jira usage data will begin syncing immediately and should complete within 24 hours.
Jira users must have the
Browse Users and
Browse Projects permissions to integrate the application with SaaS Management.
|offline_access||Generate refresh token.|
|read:jira-user||View user information in Jira that the user has access to, including usernames and email addresses.|
|read:jira-work||Read Jira project and issue data.|
|report:personal-data||GDPR Compliance with Atlassian products.|
|Application Roles||The application roles that the user is associated with.|
|Groups||The permission groups that the user is associated with.|