By integrating your Jamf account with SaaS Management, you can view desktop application usage on all Macs managed through Jamf. The integration gives you the usage data you need to make informed decisions on inactive licenses and any renewal or purchasing options.
Integrating with Jamf
To connect a Jamf account to SaaS Management, you should create a new user with specific permissions for SaaS Management to use. This ensures the integration has minimal privilege access to your Jamf account.
- From the Jamf Dashboard, select Settings.
- Under System Settings, select Jamf Pro User Accounts and Groups.
- On the Jamf Pro User Accounts and Groups page, select + New.
Enter the following information for the new user:
- Username: SaaS Management
- Privilege Set: Custom
- Full Name: SaaS Management Integration
- Password: Generate a secure password through your password manager. Save this password in your password manager for later.
Select the Privileges tab.
Select Jamf Pro Server Objects, and enable the following with Read Access:
- Jamf Pro User Accounts & Groups
Go to SaaS Management. From the navigation menu, select Integrations.
- Select the Jamf tile.
- Select Add Integration
In the new window, enter the following information:
Company Workspace: Enter the domain of your Jamf server.
For example, if you use Jamf Cloud and you access the workspace under
tony-stark.jamfcloud.com, you would enter
tony-stark. If you host your own version of Jamf, you can enter the full domain you access Jamf from.
User ID: Enter SaaS Management or the username you used.
- User Password: Enter the password that you generated.
After you've enter your credentials, select Submit.
It can take up to 48 hours for your desktop app usage to sync. You'll receive an email when your data is live in the dashboard.