By integrating your Jamf account with SaaS Management, you can view desktop application usage on all Macs managed through Jamf. The integration gives you the usage data you need to make informed decisions on inactive licenses and any renewal or purchasing options.
Integrating with Jamf
To connect a Jamf account to SaaS Management, you should create a new user with specific permissions for SaaS Management to use. This ensures the integration has minimal privilege access to your Jamf account.
- From the Jamf Dashboard, select Settings.
- Under System Settings, select Jamf Pro User Accounts and Groups.
- On the Jamf Pro User Accounts and Groups page, select + New.
Enter the following information for the new user:
- Username: intello
- Privilege Set: Custom
- Full Name: Intello Integration
- Password: Generate a secure password through your password manager. Save this password in your password manager for later.
Select the Privileges tab.
Select Jamf Pro Server Objects and enable the following with Read Access:
- Jamf Pro User Accounts & Groups
Go to SaaS Management and select Integrations from the navigation menu.
- Select the Jamf tile.
- Select Add Integration
In the new window, enter the following information:
Company Workspace — Enter the domain of your Jamf server.
For example, if you use Jamf Cloud and you access the workspace under
tony-stark.jamfcloud.com, you would enter
tony-stark. If you host your own version of Jamf, you can enter the full domain you access Jamf from.
User ID — Enter "intello" or the username you used.
- User Password — Enter the password that you generated.
Select Submit to complete the integration.
It can take up to 48 hours for your desktop app usage to sync. You'll receive an email when your data is available in the dashboard.