Data Classification Policies
Creating a data classification policy involves defining several policy details to make the policy unique. Any new policy can be used as a template and the basis for additional policies.
Navigate to Compliance > Data Classification > Policies > New Policy.
The available Classification Policy fields / buttons that display in this window include:
- Policy Name - Policy names are unique. It is best to create a naming convention that avoids using the same name twice.
- Activate/Deactivate Policy - Users can activate or deactivate a policy using this button.
- Owner - The current user is the creator of the policy. (This field is read-only)
- Description - Provide more information about the purpose of this policy.
Users can add existing rules or create a new rule for a policy.
- Add an existing rule using the Add Rule search field.
Select +New Rule to add a new rule.
The newly added rule displays in the Rules Assigned list.
Users can perform the following actions on rules:
- Edit (only user-defined rules)
Click Save to save the new policy.
- The system adds the policy to the Policies list.
Search for an Existing Policy
Complete the following to search for an existing policy:
- Navigate to Compliance > Data Classification > Policies.
Search for existing policies by typing the name or part of a name in the following search fields:
- Policy Name
- OwnerSearch by status by selecting an option from the Status dropdown menu.
Fine tune the search even further by selecting an option from the Scope Type dropdown menu or by typing a name or part of a name in the Application Type search field.
- You can perform the following actions on a selected policy:
- Edit (only user-defined policies)
- Delete (only user-defined policies)
This dropdown provides options for running resource classification tasks. This includes managing categories, managing file properties and adjusting policy scope.
Run Resource Classification
For more information on how to run a data classification process on a business resource, see run a resource classification.
For more information on how to use a data category, see Data Categories.
Import Data Classification Results
For more information on how to import results, see Import Data Classification Results
For more information on how to define a policy scope, see Policy Scope.