Configuring SharePoint Online Activity Monitoring
To configure the activity monitoring process frequency:
- Go to Admin > Applications.
- Scroll through the list or use the filter to find the application.
- Select the Edit icon on the application row.
Select Next until you reach the Activity Configurations & Decs settings page.
The entry fields vary by application type.
Set the Polling Interval (sec) - Activity fetching interval in seconds. The default is 60 seconds.
- Set the Report Interval (sec) - Activity Monitor Health reporting interval in seconds. The default is 60 seconds.
- Set the Local Buffer Size (MB) - Local buffer size for activities in MB. The default is 200 MB. This cyclic buffer is used to store activities on the Application Monitor’s machine in case of network errors that prevent the activities from being sent.
- Set an Activity Data Retention Period - When selecting the Clear Activity Data option, a user is able to provide a time frame (1 to 100) in either months or years for all activity to be retained. Once that time period is met, all data will be removed. This feature is disabled by default.
To back up the data before it is deleted, select the Backup Events Before Clearing option.
The Backup Before Clearing Option is only enabled if the backup option is set during the system installation. If a user has not selected the backup option during the installation or provided a backup path, this option will not be enabled.
Configuring Data Enrichment Connectors
The Data Enrichment Connectors (DEC) configuration enables us to select data enrichment sources. These can be used to add information from other sources about identities.
An enrichment source could be a local HR database that is used to combine users' job descriptions or departments to the information stored in the identity store.
- Go to Applications > Configuration > Activity Monitoring > Data Enrichment Connectors.
- Create a Data Enrichment Connector and select Refresh to refresh the dropdown list.
- Select the data enrichment connectors to enrich monitored activities from the Available DECs text box.
- Use the
>>arrows to move the selected DECs to the Current DECs text box. You can select multiple DECS.