Tracking Access Requests
Tracking Access Requests for Administrators
As an administrator, you'll use audit data to track your access requests. This data is available in Search in a default report. You can also use the search query type: "ACCESS_REQUEST" to retrieve this data.
Tracking Access Requests for Requesters
End users can track the status of their access requests from several locations.
1. Sign in and select Dashboard.
2. Find the My Requests panel on the Dashboard. Your total number of pending access requests and the date of your last request are displayed here.
1. Sign in and select Request Center.
2. Select My Requests. Your requests and their status are displayed on this page.
- Cancel Request - Cancels a pending request.
- Comment Bubble Icon - View comments on a request.
You can also select a request card to see more details in the Request Status Tracker.
Request Status Tracker
1. Sign in and select Request Center > My Requests
2. Select the request card for one of your access requests. The Request Status Tracker appears to the right with status and workflow details about each step in the access review process.
The details displayed for each step in the workflow include:
- Completion dates for completed steps and reassignments
- The current status
- Reviewer type such as manager, owner, or governance group
- Reviewer name or governance group name
There is also visibility into any errors encountered during the request workflow.
In some cases, your request will display a warning icon if approving it would put you in violation of one of your company's policies. No action is needed on your part.
To cancel a request, select Cancel Request. The status is updated to reflect this change.
- In the case of a reassignment or escalation, the original reviewer type shown for a step will not be updated.
- If an outstanding approval is reassigned using the API, the name of the user that invoked the API is not displayed. The status will appear as if the previous owner reassigned it.
- If a reviewer type does not exist, the step is automatically escalated and reassigned to the next best reviewer.
- If 'user not found' appears for a reviewer name, the user has been removed from IdentityNow.
- If manager approval is required but no manager is found, the behavior is as follows:
- Access Profile Requests: The app owner and the source owner become the approvers.
- Role Requests: The role owner becomes the approver
- If there are no valid identities for the approvers as described, the approval will go to a randomly selected org admin.